Go on…be a time traveller, an anthropologist, an archeologist, an artist, or an explorer! Be everything at once! When you visit a museum, you enter an amazing world where you are limited only by your imagination. The books in the Time to Wonder series give adventurous families a backstage pass to explore behind the scenes in regional museums throughout British Columbia.
Locations included are:
- Museum of Vancouver
- Museum of Anthropology at University of British Columbia
- Historic Joy Kogawa House
- Science World
- Mission Museum
- Britannia Shipyards National Historical Site
- Museum of Surrey
- Fraser River Discovery Centre
- Sunshine Coast Museum and Archives
- qathet Museum and Archives Society
- Squamish Lil’wat Cultural Centre
- Bulkley Valley Museum
- Ksan Historic Village and Museum
- Kitimat Museum and Archives
- Nisg̱a’a Museum
For the third time in this highly original series of books, all will be revealed with the help of dozens of colour photographs, regional maps, lists of activities, historical information, and interviews with a team of amazing experts who specialize in a variety of locations along the coast of British Columbia. Whether families are experienced museum-goers or just curious about something new, this is a book they will read over and over.
Kids and families looking for a complete British Columbia museum journey should also check out Time to Wonder – Volume 1: A Kid’s Guide to BC’s Regional Museums: Thompson-Okanagan, Kootenay, Cariboo-Chilcotin and Time to Wonder – Volume 2: A Kid's Guide to BC's Regional Museums: Vancouver Island, Salt Spring, Alert Bay, and Haida Gwaii.