Swim, picnic with the family, catch rainbow trout, explore new trails, and discover the nature and local history of Victoria's freshwater lakes. Packed with trail maps, photographs, lists, and more.
People who love the outdoors, nature, and local history will love this unique guidebook to Victoria's freshwater lakes.
- Swim: beaches, docks, sunshine
- Hike & walk: lakeside strolls, trails, views
- Fish: species, stocking, piers
- Paddle: boat launches, islands, shorelines
- Picnic: tables, benches, washrooms
- Discover: natural features, local curiosities
Expect to find detailed maps, access information, top ten lists, photographs of local plants and animals, and colourful stories of Victoria's early days.
Families will enjoy stroller-friendly trails, lakeside playgrounds, and places for dogs.
Naturalists will learn about Victoria's watersheds, creeks, and local aquatic and riparian wildlife.
Everyone will discover something new about the freshwater that brings Victoria, BC to life.